Monday, April 6, 2015

Am I Really Ready to Leave?

That is the question of the hour.  Well, there are many factors to that question that I have to consider but I would rather talk about 4 of them.  The factors that matter the most about my decision to go to school are: my job/career, my family, my friends (or what little I have of them) and my church.

Gulfport, MS
I think from the earlier posts, you can tell that my job will be one of the easiest transitions.  I honestly don't like my job.  I never thought I would grow to hate going to work every morning but it is very hard to be the only optimistic one at work on most days.  I will miss the trips that I got to take to places such as New Orleans with my boyfriend, Gulfport, MS with a coworker and Wilmington, NC with coworkers.  These are just a few of the excursions I got to experience while I was employed with this company which are the highlights of what happened while I worked here but it doesn't match up with the day to day things that I have to deal with in the office.  I have heard from many individuals that have worked here and left here to find another employer due to the lack of advancement.  I have no intentions of going to graduate school for chemistry due to my failure before (yes, I flunked out of a chemistry masters program) because my passion lies elsewhere.  I like what I do and I will take my knowledge with me.  I just know that waiting 30 years to only be called a scientist is a waste of my time, talent and knowledge and this is the best move to make me happy.
New Orleans, LA with the Boyfriend

Secondly, my family will be a major factor of questioning my readiness to leave.  I am worried about my parents who will not have anyone to lean on except our church family being that they moved to Atlanta, GA from North Carolina to be closer to me.  My father is on disability while my mother has yet to find a job after searching for over a year.  I'm sure they will be fine but I am just hoping that everything happens to them in their favor.  Also, my oldest brother has found the one and I am scared that I will miss out on this important stage of his life.  He also has my niece and nephew which I will have to miss out on this part of their lives.  One of my younger brothers is getting his life together as well as figuring out life with his daughter.  She is only 3 years and my little buddy but I think she will forgive me in the long run.  Also, my youngest brother is just now starting to realize how to live life.  That's all I can say about him because he needs me more than he knows.  And last but not least, my sister.  I finally started to have a relationship with my younger sister after not seeing her for over 10 years for that to abruptly change and I not hear from her in over a month.  I wish that our families were on better terms so that she can see how it is possible to achieve her dreams as well.

Random Walking Downtown in Atlanta, GA
My friends do mean a lot to me but I do understand that they want what's best for me.  I saw one friend get married this weekend.  My best friend is trying to figure out her dream and be what she can be.  I don't have very many close friends so this is the easiest portion of all.  And last but not least, the boyfriend.  I would think it would be more difficult but being that we have dated less than a year and I tried to cram a year into 8 months after he didn't want to, it is a lot easier to leave.


My church is very special to me.  Other than work and home, this is the most likely place that you would find me.  I just love how I am able to learn so much from these people biblically.  It's not always the classes that teach you something but their actions that tell you they are living the way that they teach.  Although some don't teach at all, their actions speak volumes.

Finally I have finished my resignation letter to be handed in on Friday.  I have been avoiding it but I have finally completed it.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but I also told my best coworker.  That was a heavy weight because she is out on leave at the moment but she won't be back until I leave.  I just felt the need to tell her that I was run off from here but it is for a better me!



No comments:

Post a Comment