Sunday, May 10, 2015

First Week of Classes Down

So, my first week of classes are officially over!  What have I learned?  Nothing.  Or at least that's what I think I've learned.  So remember that ant problem I mentioned.  Yea, I came home from school on Wednesday on the 5:00 pm  bus and they were everywhere.  I have never seen ants that just crawl around for no apparent reason.  It was absolutely disgusting.  I can't do this and it is a sign to me as filth.  In case you're wondering.  Yes I did clean up.  I did not leave dishes in the sink or food on the counter.  I had actually put all of the clean dishes inside the refrigerator to prevent ants from getting on clean dishes.  I know.  It's a shame.

Well, when I stayed at school the other night, I was "studying" with this guy that ended up being my roommate.  Well you know how I stated that I was kind of lonely and bored all the time well, now I'm not.  I moved in with another man.  Yes, I know you're thinking, "I thought this girl said she had a boyfriend?"  I do.  I still do.  He was not for it but after coming home that Wednesday and Thursday afternoon to filth, I had to do it.  I have never lived in such conditions and I wasn't going to start.

So this is not my recommended way of vacating an apartment and I don't suggest the method that I took but this is what I did.  I told my landlord on that Thursday that the ant problem was becoming ridiculous and that I was going to move.  He then stated that he was going to take my rent and deposit.  I paid this guy with a $1000 check.  I'm going to just let that marinate.

That $1000 consisted of a security deposit and first month's rent.  If I stay until Saturday, I would have only lived there two weeks.  At the most, I feel like I owe him half a month's rent which could be covered by the deposit I paid for the electric company and filling the gas tank for the stove.  In case you're wondering, I cancelled the check.  I know it was wrong but I wasn't going to let this man walk over me.  I understand as saints we are to turn the other cheek but being that I have asked him repeatedly to do things for me and they were not done, I don't feel obligated to do so.  So, I cleaned the apartment so that it's presentation was better than it was given to me and had my new landlord pick me up.

Beach at the Forest Bay, Anguilla
So far she seems very nice.  I will say that my new place is much bigger although I share it with 3 other people right now.  It has a 5 minute walk from the beach and an unforgettable view.  I picked the master bedroom in this 5 bedroom house.  And yes I picked it because of the king sized bed.  I have one at home and it's what I'm used to.  So I started unpacking on Saturday after moving in and attempted to study but I got the best sleep in my new bed because I wasn't paranoid of bugs crawly on my things.  The best part was the view.

Well, that dream was shortened when one of my room mates came home and said I moved into his room.  So I moved down the stairs next to the kitchen which is still not that bad because I still have a killer view.
And I still get a king sized bed.  My room is a little bit smaller.  I only gave it up without a fight because it is his last semester and I didn't feel like fighting at 7 at night.  So currently, I am straightening up and trying to place all of my belongings while studying for school this week.  One thing is going to have to give.  Ugh.....

Well, this week is all about sustain and maintain.  I'm sure with God, that this is not impossible.  Again, I thank my classmate for opening up and letting me know of this place so that I can study in peace.
If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you.
Leviticus 25:35, ESV


No comments:

Post a Comment