Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Physiology and Biochemistry Woes....

Hello all once again!  I just wanted to give you all a brief update on my life.  It feels like it's been a long week although it's only Wednesday.  This week has been full of interesting little things.  Yesterday we had our first physiology quiz which seemed way too easy.  With that said, I will let you assume how well it went for me!

But how should I start this off.........

Well on Sunday, I came to the library.  I used to get rides from the librarian because we went to church together but since I've been back to the island, I have been more solitary.  I absolutely HATE asking for rides.  It is honestly just so annoying that I would rather hitch one than be that person that you talk about that you are always giving a ride.  As the library closed, I honestly did not know at all how I was going to get home.  It is not the greatest feeling either so it just so happened that a lovely young man with a good heart decided to take me home.  It was a nice gesture but that is the last time I ever want to be stranded like that.

When I got home, I called my mom to discuss possibly getting a car.  As I have mentioned before, I don't have a lot of money nor do I come from money so this was all the money that I have remaining until I receive my financial aid from Walden.  So, yes.  I'm pretty much hurting for money but because I need it, I will get it.  We agreed on what I should do which is not let me be stranded again so that equals get a car.  I think I've found one but I will definitely post my chariot when I get it.  Just FYI, the cars here are not always the greatest but if you remember that they are only to get you from point A to point B, you will be fine.

Another thing that I did consider was the fact that since I am purchasing a vehicle that all maintenance is up to me.  Yes, I see why people rent a car but being that I have met so many people on the island that are like family to me, I have faith that I will be alright.  Plus I will have to sell it but I think I will stay on the island until the end of the month after my MD 4 semester.

Monday and Tuesday were spent studying for physiology of course but I have honestly neglected studying for biochemistry since the beginning of the semester hence the title.  I honestly feel bad but I am truly leaning on my background in chemistry from college but I don't think I can any longer.  I just started literally studying for it in the last three hours.  Two PowerPoint's down and eight more to go!  And yes you read that right.  I don't need the ridicule because I know that was a bad idea.

Not to mention that last night I went to dinner with the Walden University representatives and a few students.  Oh my, the shrimp was so good but I do regret that two hours that I could have been in tutoring for physiology.  Oh well, I can't change what happened now.  The Walden representatives did pitch an idea for us, the students, to develop a way we can organize something that could potentially impact the island.  It is a very good idea but I am trying to fit in the time to do Walden and this program in itself.  And that's stressful enough.  But I have some ideas in the back of my mind.

This post is getting a little long and I have to return to studying so I will leave you guys with this:
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
-1 Corinthians 10:4, KJV

PS: I promise if I do get some wheels that I will take a picture and list ALL the relevant details in case you would want to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment