Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My Life Before Deciding the BIG Adventure

Hello All!  I am currently at work sitting in my office once again because my boss will not give me anything to do.  It is really annoying because I feel like I paid for an education and I'm not using my investment.  But I'm sure I will fill you in soon about that later.  So let's get to the real deal here.

Hello again!  My name is Ariel and I am currently 25 years old.  I am currently a Chemical Technician III for a very large corporation in research and development and I have no children which includes humans and animals.  I decided over a year ago that my plan for life does not include my job.  Or it was divine intervention.  Or just extreme dislike for my current boss.  Either way, the idea came to mind that I didn't want to work in this field.

This all started after a meeting my company had back in February 2014, where they decided it was a good idea to group people in a way they had never done before.  Why not just move people together because it appears that they do the same type of work, right?  Well, I had a plan with my old boss for how I was going to progress in my work but I got moved into a group with the boss that I had as a temporary employee.  My boss doesn't talk and just constantly looks mad.  Honestly, I think he looks a little like Squidward from SpongeBob but that's just my opinion.  Needless to say, I knew that if I continued under his leadership that I would not be happy in the long run.

Well, it just so happen that I was listening to the radio on the way home and I hear a commercial on the radio for Ross University School of Medicine.  They were holding an open house somewhere in Atlanta and it said to log on their site for more information.  So being that this was my first dream, I sped home to Google it!  I noticed that it was in the Caribbean and I also noticed the price.  Everyone I know, knows that I am very cheap.  If there is a way to get something of the same quality for a cheaper price, that is normally the route that I tend to take.  So also shown on Google for Caribbean medical schools was Saint James School of Medicine.  The catch line here was "Affordable, top Caribbean medical school. No MCAT needed." That was all I needed to check it out.  And just so happen that they were also holding an open house event in Atlanta on the 20th which I thought was a treat right before my 24th birthday.

I attended the open house event at the hotel downtown and it seemed like everything I ever wanted.  I have always been afraid of large schools which is why my undergrad was as small as it was.  I was always fearful that medical school was going to be just as large but that idea changed when I learned of Saint James.  So of course, later I filled out the application, had a phone interview and was accepted in March 2014.  Yes, less than a week later, I had to also submit a $1000 deposit.  But then I had to develop a plan on how I wanted to finance my education and how I was to attend.  Then I decided that it would be best to begin attendance in Summer of 2015.  It would give me time to save up enough money for the first semester of school without having to rely on student loans.

I would like to say that this plan was orchestrated by God but I have no proof of that other than everything has worked out in my favor.  I don't know what this path has for me, but I do know that it could only lead to great things.  To end this post, I would like to end it with this:

And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.
-Isaiah 42:16, ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment