Monday, December 4, 2017

It's December

Well, the holidays are approaching.  I did sign up for taking my CBSE exam.  I am scheduled after the first of the year.  I have really buckled down.  Currently, I am reviewing pathology.  I am using Pathoma and testing my knowledge with UWorld.  I am finding that reading is still fundamental.  That sounds like a smart response but sometimes when you read questions, you skip the content that has the answer with your eyes.  Sometimes your eyes are very deceitful. 

Thanksgiving was a very eventful time.  My husband and I traveled to Atlanta to see family.  Additionally, we drove to my hometown in North Carolina for him to meet some of my family that wasn't able to make it to the wedding.  Unfortunately, we couldn't see everyone but just the chance to see a few family members was worth it. 

Time with family is a good way to take a break.  I only stress this because some IMGs study for a long time and while they are studying, they may forget about their family.  Just remember that your family is there for you and they provide the perspective of why you are on this journey.  I saw my brother for the first time in a year and a half.  Honestly, I haven't had the money to go see him plus I kind of feel bad for him not being able to be at my wedding.  I am glad that I was able to have my other brother there however.  Spending the few hours with him made it seem a little like old times because he was responsive when I brought up a few "sensitive" stories. 

This post is short but all I needed to say was that the last few weeks gave me more perspective as to where this journey is supposed to take me.  I am appreciative and more powered up than ever.  I now get where the video about procrastination being a choice comes from.  To all medical students studying right now, CARRY ON!!!  All the prayer warriors, CARRY ON!!!

But as for you, be brave and don’t lose heart, because your work will be rewarded!
2 Chronicles 15:7, CEB

No comments:

Post a Comment