Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Happy New Year! (Sorry for the Late Post)

Hello World.  I am so sorry for not posting sooner but I went home and Christmas plus New Year's happened so....yea.  My bad.  And yes it is 12 days past the new year and I still think it is an appropriate greeting.

Life has been happening.  Since I last wrote, I attended the MD4 White Coat Ceremony.  I had a few friends to graduate and I will admit that I cried.  I spend an awful amount of time in the library and everyone that I would be in the library with is now gone except for a few.  It was a great ceremony.  It includes a few teachers speaking on how the students professional careers may be, reciting the Hippocratic Oath and of course, receiving their white coats.

After the ceremony, I proceeded to study and pass my courses better than I did in MD1.  I was so proud of myself.  Woohoo!  So maybe, if I want to, I can be a tutor for something but I have some other plans that I will disclose over time.  The big news is that I am now a MD3 student which means I only have 8 more months on this island left.  Sounds great but it can be or not!

So over Christmas break, I did do something useful and became an American Heart Association BLS Instructor.  I am proud of myself for doing something productive besides going shopping, eating all my favorite foods and gaining 10 lbs.  I say all of that but it really did happen.  Christmas with my family includes a lot of eating so I made sure to make up for all the homecooked meals that I missed out on especially at Thanksgiving.

I flew back to Saint Martin from Raleigh Durham Airport or RDU this time because it was cheaper to stay with my grandma for a night or two than to fly from Anguilla this time.  I must say she continued to feed me.  Now I feel like I have eaten an entire pig and I have to get back to eating right like I was before.

This semester will be a little different with new people joining the island.  Students and teachers included.  As well as new classes with different teachers.  This semester does have a longer schedule with classes 8 am to 5 pm each day but they all serve their purpose.  I am very optimistic although it is Day 4 of class but I am sure that I will be busy this semester for better reasons than none.

I will also mention that I moved again but I think this will be my final move on the island before I leave.  I probably wouldn't recommend all this moving however I can say that I had a very good tour of the island because of it.  I am now close to the ferry and am back to the alarm clock of roosters and chickens.  Oh how I missed it so much I had to find another place with the blessed sounds.  I will upload some pictures after I am completely settled but as for now, I have to get back to studying.

To everyone else, be safe and keep God first!
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:6, KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment